The COVID-19 pandemic has taken over 3 million lives around the world. It is undoubtedly the deadliest virus in the 21st century that spreads like a forest fire. The tiny respiratory droplets are responsible for the spread of the COVID-19 disease. Today we will see, How to Sanitize Your Mobile Phone and keep it safe from the Coronavirus.
Personal hygiene and social distancing are very important to avoid the spread of the virus. The virus can also spread by touching various surfaces and objects around us. Smartphones being the closest companion to a modern human, are also exposed to germs, viruses, and bacteria. Especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot be lenient about cleanliness and hygiene. The surface of your smartphone could even become home to the COVID-19 virus. Therefore, we must take strict hygiene steps by cleaning our smartphone’s surface frequently.
How to Sanitize Your Mobile Phone: Coronavirus
Having an antimicrobial coating on the surface of your smartphone is the safest bet. It gives you the protection of amorphous glass that has efficacy against SARS-CoV-2 and various other viruses. This coating also eliminates the possibilities of developing fungus material on your smartphone’s screen. However, it might not be possible for regular people to get an antimicrobial coating on their smartphone.
Cleaning Your Phone
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of the smartphone manufacturers advised users to avoid alcohol-based products for cleaning purposes. It was widely believed that using alcohol could degrade the structure and oleophobic coating of the screen. However, things have changed after the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, many smartphone manufacturers have updated their advice for cleaning their devices. They now advise using alcohol-based disinfectants or 70 per cent isopropyl wipes. Let’s see How to Sanitize Your Mobile Phone and keep it safe from the Coronavirus;
- Firstly, you need to switch off your smartphone. Cleaning while it’s on might result in ghost touch or accidental clicks.
- Using a lint-free cloth or a cotton ball for wiping the surface is a great idea. They would keep the screen clean and scratch-free.
- Use a disinfectant with at least 70 per cent alcohol content on a lint-free cloth or cotton ball. Don’t directly apply the liquid to your smartphone’s screen. Wipe the screen gently and let it dry.
- Never use bleach to clean your mobile. It may potentially damage the internal components of your smartphone.
- Using soap and water with a damp cloth is also effective. However, don’t directly pour liquids into your smartphone.
Keeping your phone is very important in the present scenario. The COVID-19 virus can survive for a couple of hours on various objects and surfaces. Your phone should be cleaned regularly to prevent virus transmission. How to Sanitize Your Mobile Phone: coronavirus